Korea was in the air at BootUP Ventures this past week! Five high potential startups from Korea pitched at Demo Day organized by SVreBoot and hosted at BootUP. It was also an honor to have Mr. Sun-Hee Han, Director of Daejeon Metropolitan City present for the evening. The Korean startups were:
- The Wave Talk, Real time bacteria inspection system
- Blue Signal, Adaptive Traffic Management Solution
- LiBEST, Flexible Battery and Wireless Apple Watch Charging Strap Development & Manufacturing
- Eagon Tech, Self-car Wash Center Construction Company
- Plasmapp, Plasma Sterilization for Medical Tools
Added to the Korean startups was one of BootUP’s own portfolio companies YouToken.
Event participants were even given the chance to “invest” their event “cash” in the startups while reviewing their demo tables in BootUP’s beautiful patio, prior to the pitch competition. The startups all gave great presentations, judged by: Carly Xiao / Midea U.S. Investment Lead, Jung Soo Kang / J.S. Investment, Oh / KB Investment, US Investment Lead, Jonathan Leong / Band of Angels, and Simon Yi / Physio Cue.
Congratulations to the winners of the evening’s competition:
Thank you to SVreBoot for bringing your event to BootUP! Startups – we look forward to seeing you back at one of our Bootcamps!